Sushila Devi Mirpur Cancer Welfare Society is a not-for-profit organization whose core focus is on treatment and prevention of cancer. The foundation is committed to conceive, build, and sustain programs and initiatives aimed at helping the common man.
To be an acknowledged leader in the field of cancer treatment by ensuring that high quality care reaches the common and poverty-stricken people.
To provide cancer treatment and pain palliation to common man, needy cancer patients irrespective of age, race, and religion.
Aims and Objectives:
- Sushila Devi Mirpur Cancer Welfare Society (SDMCWS) will be committed to fight tumours by providing support, and raising awareness.
- Provides telephone support, visit patients and care givers.
- Public charitable trust will work with poverty-stricken people all over the country. Campaign is to bring improved cancer care services to poverty-stricken people.
- Contribution towards encouragement of non-profit and voluntary work.
- To create cancer awareness by educating the community.
- To conduct cancer screening programs in rural areas.
1. Different training sessions on cancer will be organised to orient public on general awareness about common cancers, myths governing them, its prevention, early detection measures and treatment of cancer.
2. Different educational material on cancer will be given to them for future reference.
3. An audio-visual movie on cancer will be shown to them with an emphasis on tobacco related cancers.
4. Public will be explained about the warning signs of cancer and asked to identify patients in their village with these signs and thereby referring them for early detection nearby health centre.
5.Patient Adoption Scheme:
To support poor patients with curable cancer especially in children.
One Patient suffering from cancer will be taken for adoption to give free treatment for one year.
Beneficiaries: Patients diagnosed with cancer irrespective of age, race, and religion.